TCP and Transport Layer Protocols (e)
- Course Length:
- 1 hour of eLearning
As the communications industry transitions to wireless and wireline converged networks to support voice, video, data and mobile services over IP, a solid understanding of IP and its role in networking is essential. IP is to data transfer as what a dial tone is to a wireline telephone. A fundamental knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 networking along with use of IP based transport protocols is a must for all telecom professionals. A solid foundation in IP has become a basic job requirement in the carrier world. Understanding of TCP and other IP based transport layer protocols is an important part of building this foundation. Starting with a basic definition, the course provides a focused basic level introduction to the fundamentals of IP based transport layer protocols like TCP, UDP and SCTP. It is a modular introductory course only on IP basics as part of the overall eLearning IP fundamentals curriculum.
This course is intended for those seeking a basic level introduction to the IP-based transport layer protocols - TCP, UDP and SCTP.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
• Explain the key transport layer functions and the concept of ports
• Describe User Datagram Protocol (UDP) and Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
• Explain how TCP provides reliable communication over IP and achieves optimal transmission
• Define the special requirements for carrying telecom signaling over IP networks
• List the key functions of Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
1. Overview of the Transport Layer
2. User Datagram Protocol
3. Transmission Control Protocol
4. Stream Control Transport Protocol
Purchase for:Login to Buy
Create a flexible eLearning plan to purchase eLearning courses for one or more individuals, where course prices are discounted dependent on the number of courses purchased.