Status messageThere is no scheduled class for this course. If you are interested in purchasing this course please click on the "Express Interest" button, fill in your contact information and submit a request for the course.
- Course Length:
- 2 Days Instructor Led
Cloud computing is transforming enterprise IT as well as communication service provider networks and OpenStack is the open source Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution for building and managing shared clouds. This course provides a thorough conceptual understanding of the benefits, capabilities, component architecture as well as workings of OpenStack IaaS solutions. We then discuss the high level architecture of the OpenStack IaaS and explain the functionality provided by each of the key services such as Glance, Keystone, Nova, Glance, Neutron, Cinder, and Swift as well as Heat orchestration.
This course is designed for professionals in the industry who need to develop a good conceptual understanding of OpenStack.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
• Explain the motivation for implementing IaaS
• Define IaaS and Cloud Computing Options
• Identify the benefits and applications of IaaS and OpenStack.
• Diagram OpenStack’s Logical and Physical architectures.
• Discuss roles of various OpenStack Services
• Sketch high level operations of each OpenStack services
• Describe how OpenStack IaaS can provide redundancy for a tenant Virtual Machine
• List capabilities of Role Based Authentication and Control for OpenStack user management
1. Introduction to OpenStack IaaS
1.1. OpenStack components and architecture, and supporting systems
1.2. OpenStack services on physical hosts and physical networks
1.3. Cloud segregation techniques
2. Identity Service (Keystone)
2.1. Keystone concepts
2.2. Keystone authentication and authorization policy enforcement.
2.3. Keystone database and service catalogue
3. Compute Service (Nova)
3.1. Nova capabilities, components and service daemons
3.2. Nova under-the-hood VM provisioning trace
3.3. Scheduler and filter algorithms
4. Image Service (Glance)
4.1. Glance overview capabilities and concepts
4.2. Glance services
5. Networking Service (Neutron)
5.1. Networking capabilities, components and service agents
5.2. Network use cases
5.3. Under-the-hood implementation
5.4. Network frame trace
6. Block Storage Service (Cinder)
6.1. Cinder overview
6.2. Cinder architecture
6.3. Cinder volume management, configuration and log files
7. Object Service (Swift)
7.1. Swift capabilities, architecture and service daemons
7.2. Account, Container, Object Walk-Through
7.3. Swift deployment considerations
8. Telemetry Service (Ceilometer)
8.1. Capabilities, components and service daemons
9. Orchestration (Heat)
9.1. Capabilities, components and service daemons
9.2. Heat Stack templates