Status messageThere is no scheduled class for this course. If you are interested in purchasing this course please click on the "Express Interest" button, fill in your contact information and submit a request for the course.
Technology Primer: Network Slicing in 5G
- Course Length:
- 0.5 day Instructor Led
Network slicing is one of key components that provide logical virtual network slices to support diversified services like mobile broadband, massive IoT, and ultra-reliable low latency services by leveraging the technology of SDN and NFV. This course provides an overview of Network slicing across Core, RAN and Transport networks in 5G, its operation and deployment. The course also provides an insight into how Network slicing in 5G works better as compared to techniques used in 4G LTE.
A high-level technical overview to personnel involved in product management, marketing, planning, design, engineering, and operations
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
• List examples of 5G usage scenarios and their unique needs
• Define a Network Slice and describe how slicing is applied across 5G networks- Core, transport and RAN.
• Describe the limitations of Network slicing in 4G LTE networks
• Describe the procedures involved to operate a Network slice
• Explain the Life cycle Management of Network slice
1. What and Why
1.1. 5G Usage Scenarios
1.2. Needs of Service Provider
1.3. What is Network slice?
1.4. Network Slicing today and its limitations
1.5. Network slicing in 5G
2. Network Slicing in 5G Networks
2.1. Core network
2.2. Transport network
2.3. Radio Access network
2.4. Cloud Infrastructure (Multi-Tenancy)
3. Network Slicing Operation
3.1. Selection of Network slice by UE
3.3. Session establishment
4. Network Slicing Deployment
4.1. Network Slice Management Framework
4.2. Life Cycle Management
4.3. Configuration Management
4.4. Performance and Assurance
• [TPR_1021] 5G Services and Architecture