Status messageThere is no scheduled class for this course. If you are interested in purchasing this course please click on the "Express Interest" button, fill in your contact information and submit a request for the course.
Technology Primer: Orchestration
- Course Length:
- 0.5 day Instructor Led
Orchestration is a requirement to achieve virtualized network automation. The drive towards an automated and virtualized network requires a paradigm shift in the way services are deployed. On demand services can be accomplished by the use of end-to-end orchestration which involves service orchestration, resource orchestration, and network orchestration. In addition, service fulfillment, service assurance, and service billing play a key role in making the automation a system wide end-to-end orchestration. We will present some use cases and scenarios of applying orchestration in a network that has Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), Software Defined Networking (SDN), and OpenStack technologies.
This course is designed for professionals in the industry who need to develop a high-level understanding of Orchestration.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
• Sketch the end-to-end orchestration framework
• Differentiate among the main components of end-to-end orchestration
• Answer the questions of what is orchestration and why orchestration
• Differentiate between the components for resource, service and network orchestration
• Walk-through orchestration use cases
• List the different benefits of orchestration
• Explain how service fulfillment, service assurance and service billing fit in with end-to-end orchestration.
• Sketch end-to-end orchestration in a network with Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), (SDN), and OpenStack technologies
1. Introduction to Orchestration
1.1. What and why automation and orchestration?
1.2. Role of orchestration in the cloud
2. Orchestration framework
2.1. NFV MANO model
2.2. Types of Orchestration
2.3. Orchestrators in the cloud infrastructure
3. Definition of Network Service and VNF
3.1. Definition of Network Service
3.2. Definition of VNF
3.3. VNF package components
4. Service and VNF Onboarding
4.1. VNF life cycle events
4.2. Onboarding and Service orchestration
4.3. Creating a VNF catalog
5. Instantiation and Service Assurance
5.1. VNF instantiation process
5.2. Resource orchestration needs
5.3. Network orchestration needs
5.4. Role of the SDN controller
5.5. Service assurance through orchestration
Summary: Benefits of Orchestration
Summary: Orchestration process
• Welcome to SDN and NFV Foundations (eLearning)
• Technology Primer: Cloud and Virtualization (Instructor Led)
• Technology Primer: NFV (Instructor Led)